新鲜干净的床单感觉很棒. But when was the last time you really appreciated a clean mattress? Cleaning your mattress is a great way to prolong the life of the fabric and remove the buildup of dirt, 皮肤细胞和细菌. Cleaning your mattress regularly is especially important if you suffer from allergies.
- Remove all blankets, pillows and sheets.
- Move the mattress outside, if possible.
- Use a vacuum hose to rid the mattress of any noticeable debris.
- Sprinkle baking soda over your mattress, and let it sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Use a damp sponge and a mild household cleaning solution to wipe down your mattress generously.
- If possible, drag your mattress into a sunny area – the UV light will aid in killing bacteria.
- Let your mattress dry thoroughly.
At this point, you might want to repeat on the other side of your mattress
How Often Should I Clean My Mattress?
床垫收集花粉, 死皮细胞, 汗水, 尘螨, hair and food particles to create a bacteria haven. Cleaning a mattress is time consuming and should be done at least once a year. Having (and regularly washing) a mattress 垫 will help keep your mattress cleaner but will not replace the need for a thorough clean. We recommend washing your mattress 垫 at least twice a year – or more, if you have allergies!
How Often Should I Flip My Mattress?
It’s recommended that you rotate and flip your mattress at least every three months. This helps combat body indentations that result from sleeping in the same spot night after night. This is especially important if you share a bed with someone, as both sides of the mattress are being affected every day. Rotating and flipping your mattress will help prevent irregular wear and tear.
How to Remove Odors from a Mattress
To eliminate any stale odors, sprinkle the mattress with baking soda. Let the baking soda sit on the mattress for several hours before removing it with a vacuum. Always check the forecast before bringing your mattress outside! Have a friend help you move the mattress outside; fresh air and sunshine will help get rid of any smells. UV light kills bacteria, so lay your mattress out on each side for up to an hour. While you’re out there, give the mattress several good whacks to dislodge dust particles.
Make a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and dish soap to remove mattress stains: Fill a bowl with two cups of hydrogen peroxide and one tablespoon of dish soap. 混合好. Use a clean sponge to apply this mixture to your mattress stains. Allow the mixture to work for a few minutes, and then blot or rub the stains with a damp rag. Check out our comprehensive 去污指南 for more in-depth stain removal tips.
How to Clean Urine from a Mattress
- Use dry paper towels to soak up as much moisture as possible.
- Fill a bucket with a gallon of hot water and two tablespoons of dish soap.
- Remove any solids, and then blot the area with a cloth and the bucket mixture.
- Continue to blot until you’ve removed as much urine as possible.
- Use a small cup to saturate the area with the hot, soapy water.
- Immediately use a wet/dry vacuum to remove the liquid.
Vacuuming the liquid should take any contaminants away before it soaks further into the mattress. Make sure you use a wet/dry vacuum and not your regular vacuum. Repeat the cleaning steps above to remove any urine stains or odor that remain. Use a clean towel to dry the area, and allow the mattress to fully air dry (outside in the sun, if possible) before applying sheets.
Regularly cleaning your bedsheets is a great way to prevent your mattress from getting dirty. A mattress cover is also a great way to create a barrier between your mattress and the bedsheets. If you have children who have accidents, always use a waterproof mattress cover to make cleanup easier the next time they have an accident.
准备安排一个服务? 调用 (800) 654-9647 to speak with our friendly customer service representatives. Or 安排免费评估 今天!